How do I use Zostrix?
Before you use Zostrix, please read these directions below carefully. It is important that you understand how to use Zostrix before applying it.
It does not contain all the available information. It does not take the place of talking to your doctor or pharmacist. If you have any concerns about using this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Zostrix is simple to use, however regular and frequent use is important to achieve full pain relief.
Zostrix Use – A Step by Step Guide
How to apply Zostrix?
1. Apply Zostrix 3 to 4 times a day, every day. Apply just enough to cover the affected area (a small fingertip is usually enough).
2. Massage Zostrix cream into the skin on the front, back and sides of the affected area until no residue remains.
3. Unless treating hands, always wash hands thoroughly with soap and water after the application and avoid contact with sensitive areas, such as eyes
Pain relief builds gradually with regular application.
Zostrix works gradually so pain relief may take up to 4-6 weeks.
Zostrix may be used as long as neeeded.
Zostrix may be used long-term, however if it is discontinued, pain may recur in a few days or weeks. If pain recurs, Zostrix applications should be restarted.
Wash hands immediately after application (unless treating hands), and:
- Do not apply Zostrix to broken, open or irritated skin.
- Do not apply heat pads or have a hot shower immediately after application.
- Avoid bandaging the area following application.
- Avoid touching the eyes, mouth or other sensitive areas.
For best results, little and often is the rule to follow.
Application of Zostrix sometimes causes a burning sensation.
The heat, discomfort or burning sensation experienced by some patients upon application is related to the way Zostrix works. Do not be concerned. This sensation is thought to be related to the initial release of Substance P and discomfort generally diminishes after the first few days of continued use. Remember, Zostrix works gradually so pain relief may take up to 4-6 weeks.
Which Zostrix is best for you: Zostrix 0.025% or Zostrix-HP 0.075%?
For postherpetic neuralgia (pain following shingles) we recommend you to try Zostrix 0.025% prior to using Zostrix-HP 0.075%.
ZOSTRIX IS FOR EXTERNAL USE ONLY.
KEEP ZOSTRIX OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
KEEP ZOSTRIX BELOW 25OC.
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist consult your pharmacist or your Healthcare Professional.
Do not apply Zostrix on broken or irritated skin. Avoid contact with eyes, mouth and other sensitive area